ANSI / ASME B16.5 : Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings NPS 1/2 Through NPS 24 Metric/Inch Standard
PIPE FLANGES AND FLANGED FITTINGS NPS 1⁄2 THROUGH NPS 24 METRIC/INCH STANDARD
(a) This St andard covers pressure–t emperature ratings, materials, dimensions, tolerances, marking, testing, and methods of designat ing openings for pipe flanges and flanged fittings. Included are
(1) flanges with rating class designations 150, 300, 400, 600, 900, and 1500 in sizes NPS 1⁄2 through NPS 24 and flanges with rating class designation 2500 in sizes NPS 1⁄2 through NPS 12, with requirements given in both metric and U.S. Customary units with diameter of bolts and flange bolt holes expressed in inch units
(2) flanged fittings with rating class designation 150 and 300 in sizes NPS 1⁄2 through NPS 24, with requirements given in both metric and U.S. Customary units with diameter of bolts and flange bolt holes expressed in inch units
(3) flanged fittings with rating class designation 400, 600, 900, and 1500 in sizes NPS 1⁄2 through NPS 24 and flanged fittings with rating class designation 2500 in sizes 1⁄2 through NPS 12 that are acknowledged in Nonmandatory Appendix E in which only U.S. Customary units are provided
(b) This Standard is limited to
(1) flanges and flanged fittings made from cast or forged materials
(2) blind flanges and certain reducing flanges made from cast, forged, or plate materials Also included in this Standard are requirements and recommendations regarding flange bolting, gaskets, and joints.
Codes, standards, and specifications, containing provisions to the extent referenced herein, consitute requirements of this Standard. These reference documents are listed in Mandatory Appendix III.
1.3 Time of Purchase, Manufacture, or Installation The pressure–temperature ratings in this Standard are applicable upon its publication to all flanges and flanged fittings within its scope, which otherwise meet its requirements. For unused flanges or flanged fittings maintained in inventory, the manufacturer of the flange or flanged fittings may certify conformance to this Edition, provided that it can be demonstrated that all requirements of this Edition have been met. Where such components were installed in accordance with the pressure–temperature ratings of an earlier edition of this Standard, those ratings are applicable except as may be governed by the applicable code or regulation.
1.4 User Accountability
This Standard cites duties and responsibilities that are to be assumed by the flange or flanged fitting user in the areas of, for example, application, installation, system
hydrostatic testing, operation, and material selection.
1.5 Quality Systems
Requirements relating to the product manufacturer’s Quality Syst em Program are described in Nonmandatory Appendix D.
1.6 Relevant Units
This Standard states values in both SI (Metric) and U.S. Customary units. As an exception, diameter of bolts and flange bolt holes are expressed in inch units only. These systems of units are to be regarded separately as standard. Within the text, the U.S. Customary units are shown in parentheses or in separate tables that appear in Mandatory Appendix II. The values stated in each system are not exact equivalents; therefore, it is required that each system of units be used independently of the other. Except for diameter of bolts and flange bolt holes, combining values from the two systems constitutes nonconformance with the Standard.
1.7 Selection of Materials
Criteria for selection of materials suitable for particular fluid service are not within the scope of this Standard.
For determining conformance with this Standard, the convention for fixing significant digits where limits (maximum and minimum values) are specified shall be as defined in ASTM E29. This requires that an observed or calculated value be rounded off to the nearest unit in the last right-hand digit used for expressing the limit. Decimal values and tolerances do not imply a particular method of measurement.
1.9.1 Pressure Rating Designation. Class, followed by a dimensionless number, is the designation for pressure–temperature ratings as follows:
Class 150 300 400 600 900 1500 2500
1.9.2 Size. NPS, followed by a dimensionless number, is the designation for nominal flange or flange fitting size. NPS is related to the reference nominal diameter, DN, used in international standards.
Click here for PDF ANSI / ASME B16.5 : Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings NPS 1/2 Through NPS 24 Metric/Inch Standard>>>
Research use only, Commercial use is prohibited.
If you want to use it ,you can buy from following link: